|Birth Place / Year||Giresun-TURKEY, 02/21/1973|
|Marital Status||Married (4 year old son)|
|Communication Adress||Dokuz Eylul Universitesi, Fen Fakultesi, Istatistik Bolumu, Tinaztepe Yerleskesi, Buca, 35160, Izmir-TURKEY|
|Phone||Office: +90 232 3018572|
|Fax||+90 232 3018643|
|MSc||Applied Statistics||Michigan State University,USA||1997|
|Temp. Personnel||Price Stat. & Indexes Dept||Ankara-TURKEY T.S.I||1993 – 1994|
|Res Assistant||Dept. of Mathematics||Adnan Menderes Univ.||1998 – 1999|
|Lecturer||Dept. of Mathematics||Adnan Menderes Univ.||1999 – 2003|
|Lecturer||Dept. of Statistics||Dokuz Eylül Univ.||2003 – 2006|
|Lecturer.Dr.||Dept. of Statistics||Dokuz Eylül Univ.||2006 – 2007|
|Assist.Prof. Dr.||Dept. of Statistics||Dokuz Eylül Univ||2007 – 2010|
|Assoc. Prof. Dr.||Dept. of Statistics||Dokuz Eylül Univ.||2010 –|
|Vice Chairman||Dept. of Statistics||Dokuz Eylül Univ.||2011 –|
GRANTS / SCHOLARSHIPS
- Scholarship for Studying Abroad, given by National Ministry of Education,Turkey, 1995-1997.
- Grant for Supporting Attendance to Scientific Events Abroad, given by The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, 2006, 2007.
- Grant for being speaker in HDM-2008 held in Kayseri in June, 2008, given by University of Tenessee.
- Third Placein the National Graduate Education Scholarship Exam for studying abroad in the field of Statistics, held by OSYM (Center for selection students for University)-Turkey.
- Publication Incentive Award, given by The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, 2006, 2008.
- New Methods Award for the Poster “Partial Least Squares Analysis in Electrical Brain Activity” presented in 1st Workshop on Brain Biophysics with Young Scientists: Problems and Solutions,DokuzEylulUniversity,Izmir,Turkey, May 2007.
- Best Poster Award for the Poster “Comparison of PLS Algorithms When Number of Objects is Much Larger than Number of Variables” presented in LINSTAT2008 held in Będlewo, Poland, April 2008.
- The Great Achievement Award for the studies during PHD education given by Science Institute of DEU.
- Statisticians Association ofTurkey
- American Statistical Association
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- International Chinese Statistical Association
- International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC-ISI Section)
- International Statistical Institute
- Turkish Psychophysiology and Neurophysiology Association
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Resampling methods
AT DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, ADNAN MENDERES UNIVERSITY
Under Graduate Level:
- Assisted Statistics-I and Statistics-II at College of Business Administration
- Biostatistics ( Service course at Department of Biology)
- Elementary Statistics (Service course atCollegeofNursery)
- Microsoft Office Programs (Service course at department of Turkish Literature, Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry)
Graduate Level :
- Statistical Methods and Applications with SPSS
AT DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS, DOKUZ EYLUL UNIVERSITY
Department had an education system called “Active Learning System” between 2000-2010. In this system, statistics courses for undergraduate students are studied in two-weeks modules based on scenarios within groups of 9 students and one instructor. Below are the some of the modules that I took part as an instructor or a module supervisor:
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Nonparametric Statistical Methods
- Simple Linear Regression
- Variable Selection and Modeling
- Time Series Analysis
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Hypothesis Testing
- Sampling MethodS
- One-Way ANOVA
- Design of Experiments
Since 2010, we are back at classical education system. Below are the classes I teach at undergraduate and graduate levels:
- Probability and Statistics-I, Probability and Statistics-II (2010-2012)
- Technical English-I-II(2010-2011)
- Categorical Data Analysis(2011-2012, 2012-2013 Spring semester)
- Regression Analysis (2012-2013, Fall semester)
- Data Analysis (Service Course forInstituteofHealthSciences).(2005-Spring)
- Non-parametric Statistics – (2006-Spring)
- Categorical Data Analysis – (2007, 2008, 2010-Fall).
- Statistical Software in data Analysis – ( 2007-Fall)
- Alternative Regression Methods– (2009, 2010-Spring)
- Advanced Statistical Inference-I – (2012-2013, Fall semester)
I also supervised below projects for group of junior and senior students.
Graduation Projects for senior class students :
- Collapsing Contingency Tables – (2006-2007)
- Two Alternative Regression Methods under Multicolinearity – (2007-2008)
- Model Selection in Linear regression with Robust Bootstrap – (2011-2012)
- Sufficient Bootstrap vs Conventional Bootstrap – (2011-2012)
- Confidence Regions for Population Coefficient of Variation-(2012-2013)
Projects for Junior class students :
- Nonparametric methods for comparing variances of two populations – (2006-2007)
- Resampling methods – (2008-2009)
- Multicollinearity problem in Linear Regression and Ridge Regression Method – (2010-2011)
- Dincer Goksuluk, Msc, Penalized Logistic Regression, 2008-2011
- Ufuk Beyaztas, MSc, Jacknife-after-Bootstrap Method for Detection of Outliers and Influential observations in Linear Regression Models, 2010-2012.
- Emel Tug, MSc, “Time Series Model Selection via Bootstrap”, 2012-
- Seyma Tekin, Msc, Modelling Markov Chain with Log-linear Model”, 2008-
- Suay Erees, PhD, Model Misspecification in Logistic Regression, 2010-
- Ufuk Beyaztas, PhD, Jackknife-after-Bootstrap Method as Diagnostic Tool in Generalized Linear Models, 2012-
- Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, Taylor& Francis Group.
- Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Elsevier, North-Holland.
- Medical Science Monitor, International Scientific Literature, Inc. NY.
- Journal of Statistical Research, Turkish Statistical Institute, Ankara, TURKEY
- Journal of Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences , DokuzEylulUniversity,Izmir,TURKEY .
- Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, Trabzon, TURKEY.
- Journal of Engineering Sciences, DokuzEylulUniversity, College of Engineering, Izmir, TURKEY.
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Elsevier, North-Holland.
- Journal for Statistics, University of Lahore, Pakistan.
- Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, Taylor& Francis Group.
- Editorial Board Member ofPakistanJournal of Statistics and Operation Research
- Editorial Board Member of Journal for Statistics,University of Lahore,Pakistan
- Editorial Board Member of Journal on Management, Statistics and Social Science, Hajvery University, Pakistan
- Guest editor for the special issue published for the honor of Prof. Mir Masoom Ali’s 75th Birthday.